Sugar Land Car Accident Lawyer
Take the Right Steps in the Wake of an Accident
Have you been injured in a car accident? Now is the time to consider involving an attorney. Although you may not need a lawyer for an insurance claim resulting from a minor fender bender, a serious collision requires equally serious legal counsel. Everything you say and do from this point on may impact your claim and your ability to recover the money you need to rebuild your life. As such, we have a few helpful "dos" and "don'ts" to remember if you are involved in an accident:
- DO remain at the scene to exchange information with the other driver. It is against the law to leave the scene (unless you are in need of emergency medical attention).
- DO take note of the circumstances surrounding the accident. Taking notes and pictures can help you remember key information.
- DO get the information of witnesses, law enforcement officers and others at the scene. This may prove helpful in your case later on.
- DO seek medical attention, even if you feel you are not seriously injured. Neck and back injuries, which are common in car accidents, may not present themselves immediately. A medical professional will know what to look for and can help.
- DON'T say the accident was your fault. Even if you think you may have been to blame, another factor could have caused the collision. Taking the blame could negatively impact your case.
- DON'T hesitate to call an attorney if you or a loved one have been seriously injured. A legal professional can help you seek full and complete compensation.